Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Reflections



"Now it came to pass , as they went,, that he entered into a certain village : and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
Luke 10:38-42

Normally I like to have my Sunday Reflections at the start of the day., but this morning I woke up with this story running through my mind and I decided to ponder on it for a little bit. As I sat and listened in church today, I opened my scriptures to the same place this story is found. It was very apparent to me that I was supposed to learn from this TODAY.

I read the verses and thought to myself: Am I a Mary or a Martha? Well, I'm a lot of things: a wife, a mother, a friend, a homemaker, just to name a few.... Now Martha was busy serving the Lord, preparing the meal and doing the duties, that as a woman, she was supposed to do. Those things are important. But Mary, chose to put aside those duties, stop and listen to the things the Lord had to teach.

How many times, have I missed the lessons the Savior has to teach me because I was too caught up and worried about the things that I need to do in my many roles? How often do I not take an opportunity to play with my children and learn from them? How many times have I missed the promptings of the Spirit and instructions from my Heavenly Father because my mind was too full from the noise and tasks of my day?

Not that the things that Martha were doing were not good. After all, she did invite the Savior in, she just forgot to listen. I hope that I can remember to be more like Mary and take the time to listen and learn at those times when other things may seem more important.

I hope you all had a Happy Sunday!

Much love,

0 Kind Notes:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read them ALL! Please let me know how you found me and thanks for visiting!