Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Reflections


(Kolob Canyons, Zion National Park)

Rock of Ages
Text by: Augustus M. Toplady 1740-1872

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fill all they law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All fro sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and thou alone.

...Rock of Ages cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee.

"And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
For who is God, save the LORD? and who is my rock, save our God?
God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect."
~2 Samuel 22:2-3, 32-33

Have a wonderfully Happy Sunday,

2 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday! Love the pic - that's about 6 hours south of me...I'm at the edge of the Cache National Forest in northern Utah.
    LOVE the song, too...The Old Rugged Cross will always be at the top of my faves list, tho!
    ♥hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read them ALL! Please let me know how you found me and thanks for visiting!