Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Simple tastes GOOD!

Here is a little recipe for a simple salad that my sister-in-law shared with me. She got it from a friend, who got it from a friend, who got it from a friend, etc... So we don't really know where it came from, but we know it's sooo tasty! We call it Kris's Salad since that's the friend we learned it from. Here it is... Enjoy!!!

Kris's Salad

3 Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, cut to bite-sized

1-2 Small Tomatoes, diced

1/2 cup red onion, diced

Parmesan Cheese, finely shredded (add to your liking)


Toss salad makings together.


Dressing:

1/3 cup fresh lemon juice

1/3 cup *olive oil

1/3 cup *vegetable oil

2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed

Fresh Ground Pepper & Salt to taste

Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Toss to coat salad.

*Instead of using vegetable oil & olive oil, you may use
light olive oil for both. Extra virgin olive oil alone has too strong a taste for this salad.

This recipe makes a very large salad, so make sure to share the love! It also tastes aWeSoMe with broiled or grilled chicken! I hope you enjoy it! Salad season is almost over and soup season is a'comin'!
****Don't forget to enter my CSN giveaway! You can enter it here.****


I'm linking up to these great sites:

The Girl Creative
Get Your Craft On Tuesday
My Craftie Life
BWS tips button
Show and Tell Green


Creations by Kara


Beyond The Picket Fence

1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy! Thanks for stopping over to Tuesday Tell All.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read them ALL! Please let me know how you found me and thanks for visiting!